Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Bells of Highlands UMC

This day began with an explosion of the scatological variety, last-minute ironing and burned breakfast. I'm not a "morning person" on the best days and by "morning person" I mean that I sometimes find it difficult to wake up at 4:30 am which is when the alarm clock rings. (So, don't get all judgmental on me you sad wake-up-at-seven sacks.)  I felt anxious and harried and it was difficult to keep my composure and stay in the moment. But when I went outside with the trash, I actually heard the bells ringing at the Methodist Church about a mile away. They rang for an unusually long time and I lifted my hands in prayer to receive that blessing that must have been borne on some strange wisp of cloud. I came inside a different person.

Christ was. Christ is. Christ will be. Present in the moments. A fully-attentive father. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment